CALL FOR ENTRY is Open!
Submissions deadline is January 4th, 2019
See last year’s Youth Pavilion (2018)
Programming at www.biff1.com/youth-pavilion
The Boulder International Film Festival is currently accepting entries of short films made by teens (ages 12-18) for the Boulder International Film Festival Youth Pavilion. Winners must be present at Teen Opening Night the evening of 3/1.
You will need to provide a YouTube or Vimeo link to your film and, if possible, the source digital video file on either a thumb drive or a DVD data disc. These may be dropped off or mailed to:
- The video file must be of projection quality.
- Your film must be no longer than 10 minutes.
- Your film must be acceptable for a PG 13 audience.
- The first 5 seconds of your film must be a black screen.
- Filmmakers can use their own original music in their film, or they may use music that is copyright-free or public domain.
- Each filmmaker may submit up to two films.
- Must be 12 to 18 years of age and in middle school or high school to enter.
- Other than being used as actors, adults cannot be involved in significant phases of the film’s production.
- The film must include teen actors
- No guns
- The film must not be plagiarized from other works.
- The film cannot depict drug use in a recreational manner or include sex and nudity.
- BIFF reserves the right to disqualify any film that it deems inappropriate for a teen audience.
- Email links to email@example.com
- Due to the volume of entries we receive, only award-winning films will be screened at the Youth Pavilion.
- Filmmakers are welcome to invite friends and family to the screening.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org