Watch our video! This delightful Keep BIFF Green film was produced by our friends at Jett Digital. We highly recommend working with them!
BIFF 2017 Green Initiative Results
BIFF 2017 RECOVERED
- 1200.36 pounds of materials through recycling and composting
- 81% of all your discards! based on a total volume of 8.32 cubic yards of material collected (estimated total weight of 1548 lbs.)
ENERGY & CLIMATE IMPACTS:
BIFF 2017 SAVED:
- 63 gallons of gasoline in energy savings
- 2,856 pounds of greenhouse gas emissions
COMMUNITY HEALTH IMPACTS:
BIFF 2017 AVOIDED:
- 9.4 pounds of air pollution
- 1.7 pounds of water pollution
- 3.0 pounds of toxic herbicides that threaten plants, wildlife, humans and our food systems
- 1,108 pounds of substances that threaten human health, including carcinogens, particulate matter and volatile organic compounds
Keep BIFF Green
This year BIFF is excited to continue forward with our commitment to sustainability and improving our own green footprint. As a festival, we will implement green initiatives such as reduction of waste and paper, supporting alternative transportation (free bus fare!), and requesting more eco-friendly products and services from our sponsors and vendors.
Be Part of our Green Commitment
We encourage you to participate in our green commitment. Here are some easy actions that you can do during the BIFF festival.
- Use the BIFF mobile web site for all film show times and theatre locations. We will also have the full program on large signs just outside each BIFF location, so you don’t have to pick up a paper program.
- Bus, Bike or Walk to BIFF: The festival is located in Downtown Boulder. GO Boulder and the HOP are thrilled to offer FREE Bus rides during the Festival. Just show your HOP bus driver your BIFF ticket stub or BIFF Festival pass and get a FREE ride on the HOP from February 14th – February 17th! Or try alternative means of transportation by biking, walking or carpooling to the festival.
- Dispose of Waste Properly: We will have recycle and compost containers available on site at each of the BIFF locations. Let’s reduce our trash to the landfill and recycle and compost as much as possible.
- Engage in the Call 2 Action Program: Each year BIFF invites local non-profit organizations to attend the film festival that support various social and environmental causes. These organizations provide education about the issues and help translate the passion and energy from a film into concrete action.
Bus/Bike Maps and Schedules
We encourage you to take the bus to our BIFF events. The buses in Boulder are convenient a and come very frequently. There is also limited parking available in downtown Boulder. Here are some links to bus schedules to plan your route;
- Boulder Bus Schedule Frequency Chart
- RTD Bus Schedule in Boulder
- RTD Bus Schedule Denver-Boulder
- Boulder Bike Map
BIFF Green Partners 2017
Thank You to major sponsors and venues who have signed our Green Partner Pledge helping us to reach our Zero Waste goals!
- Boulder High School
- Boulder Theater
- eTown Hall
- First United Methodist Church
- Hotel Boulderado
- Rembrandt Yard Art Gallery & Event Center
- Big Red F Restaurant Group
Questions or Comments on Sustainability
Want to know more about our green program or how you can help, contact our BIFF Sustainability Coordinator, Elizabeth Plumb at firstname.lastname@example.org